General Nurse - Dorchester
£22000 - £23000 per annum
This vacancy has now expired.
A nurse is required for this warm, friendly and well furnished home in Dorchester, Dorset. They are making the transition from residential care to nursing, so are building a new nursing team. As such, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the backbone of this new team and service. A self contained flat is available on site, so the role is ideal for a nurse who would relocate to the area. As a band 5 post, they are open to newly qualified nurses, or a foreign trained nurse. They would be able to sponsor a visa for a Bulgarian or Romanian nurse.
The main purpose of the role is to achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner; with further duties including but not limited to:
1. Assess all aspects of residents' care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
2. Assess social and health care needs of new residents, and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other residents.
3. Ensure that Residents' Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Residents, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
4. Report any ill-health amongst residents and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
5. Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
6. Maintain accurate records and ensure that each resident within the Home/ Care Centre has an individualised Care Plan. Resident Care Plans are to be reviewed monthly and reviews are to be held with the resident, their next of kin/advocate and Care Manager on a bi-annual basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
The right candidate will be RGN first level qualified, with a current NMC PIN. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as is a lively and outgoing personality. To apply for this excellent role, please contact Ross Taylor, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01737 336 397.
Team24 is a healthcare recruitment specialist which provides healthcare workers for a wide range of permanent and temporary placements, from doctors to specialist nurses across the NHS and private sectors.
We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional quality of service to all in the healthcare sector, including the NHS, GP Surgeries, Mental Health Institutions, Prisons, Charities, Community Nursing, Nursing Homes, Residential Homes and the Military. We supply Nurses, Care workers, GP's, Consultants and Homecare, on a 24 hour basis depending on when you need work. We can do this on a Temporary, Fixed Term Contract or Permanent Basis, what ever you need, when ever you need it. We work throughout the UK, supporting clients when they need us and working in partnership with them to ensure that we supply the right member of staff for their needs.
As a company we are growing on a weekly basis and have numerous opportunities available in various trusts and private organisations throughout the UK, if this role isn't what you are looking for why not send you details to our recruitment team via email email@example.com or visit our website at www.team24.co.uk
Thank you for your interest. Team24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.